Monday 4 June 2012

Annecy day 1:

The day started off with lots of rain. Loads. This is definitely not holiday weather. So raincoat on, I headed off to meet Stephen who has ended up being assigned the job of showing me the Annecy ropes.


Accreditation successfully in hand, but sadly no ticket to the opening ceremony screening as it was full, we had a look around the amazing book shop and a walk around a bit of the lake (we took advantage while the sun came out!)


After meeting up with a few more people, it was time to go and see the first screening of Shorts in Competition 1 in the Grande Salle. It was a really good selection of films with so many techniques. My two favourites were 'One Minute Puberty' and 'The Centrifuge Brain Project'. Both very different to each other but I think they were amazingly well made and animated. And really funny!


After that, well after a crepe, I went over to MJC Novel to see shorts in Competition 3 - the programme that Being Bradford Dillman is in. It was only a small screening but it was well received and got some laughs, so that eased my stomachs nerves a bit! Barry Purves' Tchaikovsky film was also on the programme. It's the first time I've seen it and I couldn't believe how beautiful the animation was. I knew it was going to be good but it was better than I expected.


I'm up super early tomorrow to get down to the Bon Lieu to try and get a seat for the Awards Ceremony and Closing Party. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment