Sunday 3 June 2012

En-Route to Annecy 2012

I woke up bright and early at 6am and me, Joe and Bernie went out for a walk in the park before I set off for Annecy. We headed over to the train station, (where yesterday I was promised and double promised that the trains would be running even though it was the Jubilee) and of course, all the trains had been cancelled. It was then a dash (slightly-faster-than-normal-walk) for the bus. I even managed to make it to Gatwick with plenty of time to spare, so I took advantage and had a sandwich and a nap.


After a quick 1hr 20minute flight I was in rainy Geneva. The next task was to get to my hostel. After walking around Geneva in the rain in true tourist style with my map over my head, I found the bus station, purchased my 4€ packet of crisps and promptly fell asleep on the windy drive whilst listening to Camera Obscura.


Luckily I met some nice people when we got off the bus and managed to get a taxi to the hostel. I'm still trying to figure out how it took 13 hours when the flight didn't even take an hour and a half!


So the real fun starts tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will go away and I'll have some exciting stories to share. But for now, it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment